Caroline Ndungu, PharmD, MSPharmReg, CMTM
Founder/CEO Health Goals Achievers,Inc a Non-dispensing, MTM Consulting Pharmacy currently serving Florida residents.
Received a Doctorate in Pharmacy, Pharm.D. from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Completed a Pharmacy Practice Residency at Jackson Memorial Hospital, Miami, Florida
Experience in retail, hospital and remote order entry pharmacy
Certified by the University of Florida in Diabetes Therapy Management
Certified by the American Pharmacist Association, APhA to provide Medication Therapy Management, MTM
Masters in Pharmaceutical Outcomes and Policy with a specialty in pharmaceutical regulation, PharmReg and patient safety.
I have a passion for learning and excelling in everything I do and will strive to make each consultation a positive and empowering experience equipping you to meet your health goals.
MTM Services includes the following steps:
- Medication Therapy Review (MTR): A systematic process of collecting patient-specific information, assessing medication therapies to identify medication-related problems, developing a prioritized list of medication-related problems, and creating a plan to resolve them.
- Personal Medication Record : A comprehensive record of the patient’s medications (prescription and nonprescription medications, herbal products, and other dietary supplements)
- Medication-Related Action Plan (MAP): A patient-centric document containing a list of actions for the patient to use in tracking progress for self-management.
- Intervention and/or Referral: Consultative services and pharmacist interventions to address medication-related problems. When necessary, the pharmacist refers the patient to a physician or other healthcare professional.
- Documentation: MTM services are documented and communicated to the prescriber and patient in a consistent manner.
- Follow-up MTM visit is scheduled based on the patient’s medication-related needs, or the patient is transitioned from one care setting to another
- Targeted MTR at any time to address new or ongoing medication-related problems
Clinical Pharmacy Services include the following:
- Discharge prescriptions counseling
- Disease state management
- Medication reconciliation
- Disease state management
- Provider education
- Adherence services: Reduce ER Visits and hospitalizations
- Targeted Medication intervention programs. This can be for high-alert, high cost medications or target a specific patient population.
Health and Wellness Coaching includes:
- Wellness screenings
- Smoking cessation
- Weight management
Consulting Services includes:
- Speaking engagements
- Pharmaceutical regulation compliance consult (Available starting 2016)
or email us at :
Reference: APhA core elements of an MTM service.